Job Type: Full Time Associate
Req # 17027
Date posted: Monday, November 27, 2023
About the role
The Manager of Systems Engineering is the primary subject matter expert within Information Technology for MyEyeDr’s on-premise and cloud infrastructure and partner vendors, providing technical leadership along with architectural, engineering and operational support focusing on the overall quality and financial efficiency of the enterprise systems infrastructure environment. This includes overall design, capacity and performance planning, developing architectural and operational recommendations to fit enterprise frameworks and ongoing evaluations of core technologies for these areas.
This role reports to the VP, Cloud Engineering & IT Operations and is a hybrid role with a flexible work arrangement out of our Vienna, VA or Raleigh, NC offices.
· Be responsible for the design, operation, maintenance and overall performance, security and availability of the company’s infrastructure and systems including on-premise, IaaS and cloud PaaS solutions
· Directly manage a team of systems engineers and DBA’s, growing and mentoring them to build the skillsets MyEyeDr will need as our IT environment evolves
· Develop, recommend and distribute operational processes and procedures to ensure consistent and efficient service delivery of cloud and on-premise services
· Manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous projects using Agile methodologies such as Kanban, often working directly with key business stakeholders
· Design, implement, and maintain 24x7 monitoring of environments and services, working with applications and security teams to ensure SLA uptime/stability.
· Provide regular management reports and recommendations regarding capacity planning for systems and services
· Drive the solutioning process for cloud migration opportunities to arrive at a delivery approach including recommended technical solution concepts, process, and cost
· Guide IT staff and business units in the development of cloud strategy and establish policies and procedures for developing and supporting cloud deployments.
· Serve as our subject matter expert for cloud and on-premise services to senior IT leadership, IT staff and MyEyeDr. business units to ensure that appropriate controls are in place to deliver and effectively manage cloud and on-premise technology
· Provide technical problem management support and troubleshooting leadership and assist with key business stakeholder communications during outages
· Manage and partner with MyEyeDr’s critical vendors providing IaaS, PaaS, WAN, telecom, SaaS, application, and SOCaaS services
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
· 2+ years IT management experience with direct supervisor responsibilities
· 4+ years’ experience with Azure or AWS infrastructure and engineering in a hands-on technical role
· 3+ yeas production experience with Configuration Management tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SCCM Salt, Terraform) and infrastructure-as-code software
· Experience with automation, such as with PowerShell
· 4+ years of Identity and Access Management design and implementation experience, including MFA, ADFS, SAML and other SSO technologies
· 3+ years in a production Azure or AWS PaaS environment performing a technical role
· 4+ years virtualization experience with Hyper-V or VMware
· Prior experience with enterprise systems and networks required
· MPLS, SD-WAN, or other multi-site networking experience required
· Experience with mergers and acquisitions and related integrations desired
Grow with Us
· Career Development and Training Opportunities
· Participate in a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental coverage, tax-free savings plans, life insurance and more
· Participate in our Vision coverage and associate discounts on our products
· Participate in our 401(k) with competitive company match
· Accrue PTO and paid holidays from day one
Introduction | MyEyeDr.
How do you see yourself today? Are you looking for that unique opportunity where you can make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve? MyEyeDr. is a high-growth, premier healthcare company: a total vision care concept with a unique retail experience. Our trusted community doctors and knowledgeable teams are all focused on helping our patients live their best lives by delivering an exceptional, personalized experience to each of our patients in every interaction. Our business model is unlike others in the industry: we make healthcare accessible by welcoming all insurance and providing a great selection of stylish eyewear that meets the diverse needs of our patients.
This role provides a chance for you to build your professional career with an organization that is purposeful and whose values drive actions. You would have the opportunity to prioritize the care of our associates and our patients, to connect the knowledge of our talented teams to our patients’ needs, and to work in a fun, inclusive environment as part of a collaborative team. We are in search of that unique individual who is inspired by a career focused on helping others and providing quality care while continuously growing professionally and improving MyEyeDr. in meaningful ways. If this is you, we encourage you to apply so you can get your journey started with MyEyeDr. where you can help people see, look, and be their very best.
MyEyeDr. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. MyEyeDr. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.