Job Type: Full Time Associate
Req # 16907
Date posted: Monday, November 27, 2023
About the role
MyEyeDr. is seeking a Senior Manager with a strong background in ECommerce and Digital Engineering to lead and inspire our teams in creating and maintaining cutting-edge web applications. If you have a passion for technology, a proven track record in leadership, and a deep understanding of ECommerce and Digital Engineering, we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the VP, Digital Apps & Product Engineering, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing the ECommerce and Digital Engineering teams, which include Development, Quality Assurance (QA), and Scrum work. Your leadership will be crucial in fostering motivation, teamwork, and collaboration while ensuring the successful development and maintenance of our Ecommerce and Digital Engineering applications.
This is a hybrid role with a flexible work arrangement out of our Vienna, VA or Raleigh, NC offices.
· Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of professionals involved in ECommerce and Digital Engineering, including developers, QA engineers, and Scrum team members.
· Effectively manage and allocate resources to meet project deadlines and objectives, ensuring optimal productivity and team cohesion.
· Provide strategic guidance and direction for ECommerce and Digital Engineering projects, ensuring alignment with organizational goals and standards.
· Collaborate with QA teams to maintain the highest quality standards for our web applications, overseeing testing processes and ensuring bug-free releases.
· Promote Agile methodologies within the teams, supporting the adoption of best practices, and facilitating Scrum ceremonies.
· Foster collaboration between cross-functional teams, including development, design, product management, and business stakeholders, to drive successful project outcomes.
· Monitor team performance, project progress, and key performance indicators to identify areas for improvement and implement corrective actions.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
· 7+ years of hands-on experience in high-volume ECommerce application development and IT Product Management.
· 5 years’ experience managing IT application development resources.
· Proficiency in VTEX and React development, with a strong understanding of both front-end and back-end aspects.
· Knowledge of MS SQL for database operations and optimization.
· Experience with GraphQL, APIs, and Webhooks is a plus.
· Vision Care domain knowledge and experience in selling eye care products via a high-volume website are highly desirable.
· Experience working in an Agile development environment, utilizing tools such as Jira and Confluence to manage tasks, track progress, and facilitate collaboration within cross-functional teams.
· Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) practices, including version control systems (e.g., Github), automated testing, and deployment pipelines, to ensure the reliability and efficiency of test cases.
· Deep knowledge of ECommerce and Digital Engineering technologies, methodologies, and best practices.
· Familiarity with Agile methodologies, Scrum, and related tools (e.g., Jira, Confluence).
· Technical certification in VTEX or Scrum/ Agile is plus
· Experience with implementation of Customer Identity Access Management and Customer Data Platform is a plus
· Experience with implementation of Digital payment and payment anywhere is a huge plus.
· Understanding of AI and Digital Optometry tools is a plus
Grow with Us
· Career Development and Training Opportunities
· Participate in a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental coverage, tax-free savings plans, life insurance and more
· Participate in our Vision coverage and associate discounts on our products
· Participate in our 401(k) with competitive company match
· Accrue PTO and paid holidays from day one
Introduction | MyEyeDr.
How do you see yourself today? Are you looking for that unique opportunity where you can make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve? MyEyeDr. is a high-growth, premier healthcare company: a total vision care concept with a unique retail experience. Our trusted community doctors and knowledgeable teams are all focused on helping our patients live their best lives by delivering an exceptional, personalized experience to each of our patients in every interaction. Our business model is unlike others in the industry: we make healthcare accessible by welcoming all insurance and providing a great selection of stylish eyewear that meets the diverse needs of our patients.
This role provides a chance for you to build your professional career with an organization that is purposeful and whose values drive actions. You would have the opportunity to prioritize the care of our associates and our patients, to connect the knowledge of our talented teams to our patients’ needs, and to work in a fun, inclusive environment as part of a collaborative team. We are in search of that unique individual who is inspired by a career focused on helping others and providing quality care while continuously growing professionally and improving MyEyeDr. in meaningful ways. If this is you, we encourage you to apply so you can get your journey started with MyEyeDr. where you can help people see, look, and be their very best.
MyEyeDr. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. MyEyeDr. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.