Job Type: Full Time Associate
Req # 16874
Date posted: Monday, November 27, 2023
About the role
The Director of Compensation is a collaborative, action-oriented, hands-on leader who brings a strategic vision, best-in-class practices and pragmatism to the role. Partnering closely with the business, cross-functional teams and vendors, this leader is responsible for the portfolio of Compensation programs and processes that attract, retain and reward our associates and Optometrists, while maintaining internal equity, external market competitiveness and compliance. This Director will oversee all cash compensation programs and administration, including broad-based salary structures, annual salary review processes and incentive design and strategy.
The successful candidate will bring their drive and deep subject matter expertise in Compensation, as well as strong program management, data analysis and business process efficiency skills to the role day-to-day. The leader will act as a collaborative partner across functions, working seamlessly with the business, senior leaders and across HR on strategic and day-to-day administration of Compensation programs.
The Director will lead a dynamic team charged with delivering programs and processes that support a differentiated associate experience based on data driven decision making.
The role reports to the SVP, Total Rewards and is a hybrid role based out of MyEyeDr.’s Home Office in Vienna, VA.
· Leads a team of compensation professionals responsible for the administration of the Company’s compensation programs. Provides guidance, coaching, and support to ensure the team’s success, engagement, and professional development.
· Ensures that compensation programs drive engagement, business performance, and retention. Sets the overall direction of the function in consultation with the SVP, HR and business leadership, and Finance. Partners with the Director, Benefits to create compelling Total Rewards programming and communications.
· In partnership with HR and business leaders, develops and implements job architecture and pay structures to support associate growth and development.
· Develops and administers variable bonus and incentive plans to drive business performance. Collaborates with senior leaders to understand business strategies and objectives and translate them into effective incentive plans that motivate and incentivize our associates.
· Oversees collection and maintenance of compensation survey and other benchmarking data to ensure the organization’s compensation programs are competitive.
· Ensures internal equity and external competitiveness of compensation packages for various job levels and functions. Manages job analysis, job leveling and job pricing activities.
· Directs and conducts analysis to provide business insight and audits to ensure consistent application of compensation guidelines and pay equity.
· Applies project management concepts to manage effective and timely Compensation projects and processes such as merit cycles, career framework, pay range development.
· Develops programs, gains management support and prepares proposals for Senior Leadership, Committee and Board approval.
· Works with Finance and HR Analytics team on financial planning and budget preparation activities and administration activities for wage growth, salary planning activities and merit and promotional budgets. Ensures compensation programs remain within budget.
· Creates educational programs for business partners, managers, Optometrists, and associates to ensure clarity around compensation and the value of the programs.
· Transforms relevant internal HR processes to drive greater associate and manager self-service.
· Influences direction and strategy development through on-going communications with business leadership.
· Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in comprehensive compensation design, strategy, and administration supporting transformational Compensation solutions; including job architecture, pay grades/structures, pay cycles, KPIs, budgets and analytics, bonus and incentive programs.
· Minimum 5 years leading Compensation teams
· Ceridian Dayforce and/or Workday experience
· Strong experience preparing and presenting reports, summary information and proposals to senior leaders
· Advanced knowledge of HR principles, concepts, regulations, and Federal employment laws
· Experience in lean, high growth organization
· Healthcare and/or Specialty Retail experience preferred
· Executive compensation and M&A diligence experience preferred
Grow with Us
Introduction | MyEyeDr.
How do you see yourself today? Are you looking for that unique opportunity where you can make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve? MyEyeDr. is a high-growth, premier healthcare company: a total vision care concept with a unique retail experience. Our trusted community doctors and knowledgeable teams are all focused on helping our patients live their best lives by delivering an exceptional, personalized experience to each of our patients in every interaction. Our business model is unlike others in the industry: we make healthcare accessible by welcoming all insurance and providing a great selection of stylish eyewear that meets the diverse needs of our patients.
This role provides a chance for you to build your professional career with an organization that is purposeful and whose values drive actions. You would have the opportunity to prioritize the care of our associates and our patients, to connect the knowledge of our talented teams to our patients’ needs, and to work in a fun, inclusive environment as part of a collaborative team. We are in search of that unique individual who is inspired by a career focused on helping others and providing quality care while continuously growing professionally and improving MyEyeDr. in meaningful ways. If this is you, we encourage you to apply so you can get your journey started with MyEyeDr. where you can help people see, look, and be their very best.
MyEyeDr. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. MyEyeDr. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.