Job Type: Full Time Associate
Req # 16572
Date posted: Tuesday, October 24, 2023
About the role
See yourself starting a new career journey? As a MyEyeDr Lab Technician, must be able to fabricate a complete pair of eyeglasses within time frames to satisfy quality and company standards. Additionally, the optician performs various minor repairs and adjustments as required to meet patients’ needs. With the advancement of technology as it pertains to the lab equipment, one of the optician’s main focuses should be on the sales floor. The optician will ensure that the proper measurements and lenses are being fitted, assist the eyewear consultant in area’s needs, be readily available for the Lab Technician and trouble-shoot any customer needs or concerns. Lab Technicians will also be cross-trained in all other functional areas of the office.
- Fabricate eyeglasses satisfying quality requirements established by ANSI Standards and MyEyeDr.
- Facilitate the preparation, assembly, and delivery of eyeglasses within the designated delivery date/time promised (primary duty) which consists of but is not limited to: Order all lenses and frames, according to company protocol, utilizing the correct vendor. Understand all of the equipment necessary to manufacture a pair of eyeglasses. Documenting information pertaining to lab ordering and manufacturing on the eyeglass sales invoice and entering into the POS system. Ensure all trays are labeled correctly according to company protocol. Handling Redo’s in the proper manner, auditing to ensure they are ordered and received at zero cost (RD-35). Review next days’ jobs for potential delays or problems. Immediately notify patients of any delays, as well as new promise time. Document all delays on Blue Job Summary Slips. Prepare and forward all lens and frame returns to Home Office. Final inspect all eyeglasses prior to leaving the lab to ensure quality. Reorder stock inventory on a weekly basis, ensuring plan-a-gram, levels are adhered to at all times. Review jobs “on hold” and follow through on ‘old jobs’ to ensure they are completed and delivered. Ensure all holds are properly handled. Maintain lab according to company standards (lab procedures). Prepare all lab outgoing mail by specified pick-up times, utilizing prepaid slips by all labs. Monitor jobs waiting to be picked up. Inform management of any job held over 30 days.
- Assist with patient care to include: answering of phones, greeting patients, assisting patients with frame and lens selection, dispense and adjust eyewear to patients, troubleshooting of any patients having difficulties, and their new RX.
- Before physical possession of lenses, spectacle eyeglasses, contact lenses and other optical devices is transferred to the customer, the optician will personally fit the optical device upon the customer.
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of lenses and product availability. Communicate with Eyewear Consultants on measurements, ordering time constraints, adjustments and troubleshooting.
- Maintain and clean all lab equipment and machinery on a daily basis. Help maintain the attractive appearance of the office.
- Be flexible and work assigned schedules andor locations that may be altered to meet patient’s needs.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related Optician or Lab Tech experience within a similar retail office environment.
- AA or BA/BS in related field is desirable.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with the proven ability to manage priorities in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and ensure that patient commitments/deadlines are met.
- Growth With Us
- Grow and develop your career through role specific training programs
- Be offered an opportunity to earn bonuses and commission (role specific)
- Participate in a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental coverage, tax-free savings plans, life insurance and more
- Participate in our Vision coverage and associate discounts on our products
- Participate in our 401(k) with competitive company match
- Accrue PTO and paid holidays from day one
Introduction | MyEyeDr.
How do you see yourself today? Are you looking for that unique opportunity where you can make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve? MyEyeDr. is a high-growth, premier healthcare company: a total vision care concept with a unique retail experience. Our trusted community doctors and knowledgeable teams are all focused on helping our patients live their best lives by delivering an exceptional, personalized experience to each of our patients in every interaction. Our business model is unlike others in the industry: we make healthcare accessible by welcoming all insurance and providing a great selection of stylish eyewear that meets the diverse needs of our patients.
This role provides a chance for you to build your professional career with an organization that is purposeful and whose values drive actions. You would have the opportunity to prioritize the care of our associates and our patients, to connect the knowledge of our talented teams to our patients’ needs, and to work in a fun, inclusive environment as part of a collaborative team. We are in search of that unique individual who is inspired by a career focused on helping others and providing quality care while continuously growing professionally and improving MyEyeDr. in meaningful ways. If this is you, we encourage you to apply so you can get your journey started with MyEyeDr. where you can help people see, look, and be their very best.
MyEyeDr. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. MyEyeDr. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.