About the role
MyEyeDr. is seeking a highly skilled Sr. Director of FP&A to join our dynamic team at a leading private equity owned vision healthcare organization. In this role you will be responsible for rebuilding and then overseeing the budgeting, forecasting, and strategic planning activities of our organization, as well as providing financial insights and guidance to senior management, board of directors, private equity sponsor, investors, and rating agencies.
Reporting to the Sr. Vice President, FP&A, this is a hybrid remote position out of our Vienna, VA or Raleigh, NC offices.
- Rebuild the financial planning and analysis function with an emphasis on performance improvement, providing quality management information, and the development of scalable reporting systems and processes, analytical tools, key performance metrics and reporting packages.
- Maintain responsibility for preparation and presentation of accurate and timely financial reports, including quarterly impact reviews, variance analysis and key performance indicators; providing actionable insights and recommendations to support decision-making.
- Analyze market trends, prepare competitor analysis, assess the organization’s strengths and opportunities, and identify strategic initiatives to drive growth and profitability.
- Develop driver based, robust monthly forecast modeling of P&L, Cash flows and Balance sheet identifying growth opportunities and mitigating financial risks.
- Partner across the organization to lead a detailed bottom-up budget that achieves the company’s growth goals and is effective as a management planning and performance tool throughout the fiscal year.
- Maintain long-range plan modeling with multiple scenarios for longer-term strategic planning and business valuation.
- Provide strong ad hoc financial and business decision support on numerous revenue and strategic initiatives, return on investment analyses, and/or other projects.
- Establish a robust pre- and post-acquisition analysis and reporting package that highlights expected and actual investment return, earnings performance, and cash flows.
- Establish an operational and capital investment governance process to include ROI (return on investment) analysis, approval process and monthly reporting package.
- Recruiting, training, and developing new hires and existing staff in the FP&A function and evaluating their performance and potential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field required. MBA or advanced financial certifications (CPA, CFA) preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in progressive Finance roles.
- Proven well-developed analytical skills, including solid background in driving actions from data insights and using strong analysis to present a situation to management regularly.
- Must possess excellent leadership skills and be capable of managing and mentoring a finance team, including ability to inspire and motivate their team members, and foster a collaborative and results-oriented work environment.
- Strong interpersonal and outstanding customer skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to attend to and prioritize projects.
- Accurate, flexible, detail oriented, highly ethical and have proven ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Team player who likes to tackle challenges, improve analyses and processes, and brainstorm and implement solutions.
- Proven experienced financial leader who has developed and led an enterprise-wide FP&A function, preferably in a multi-location, high growth private equity backed organization.
- Proven experience creating a driver based robust P&L, cash flows and balance sheet forecast process.
Grow with Us
- Career Development and Training Opportunities
- Participate in a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental coverage, tax-free savings plans, life insurance and more
- Participate in our Vision coverage and associate discounts on our products
- Participate in our 401(k) with competitive company match
- Accrue PTO and paid holidays from day one
Introduction | MyEyeDr.
How do you see yourself today? Are you looking for that unique opportunity where you can make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve? MyEyeDr. is a high-growth, premier healthcare company: a total vision care concept with a unique retail experience. Our trusted community doctors and knowledgeable teams are all focused on helping our patients live their best lives by delivering an exceptional, personalized experience to each of our patients in every interaction. Our business model is unlike others in the industry: we make healthcare accessible by welcoming all insurance and providing a great selection of stylish eyewear that meets the diverse needs of our patients.
This role provides a chance for you to build your professional career with an organization that is purposeful and whose values drive actions. You would have the opportunity to prioritize the care of our associates and our patients, to connect the knowledge of our talented teams to our patients’ needs, and to work in a fun, inclusive environment as part of a collaborative team. We are in search of that unique individual who is inspired by a career focused on helping others and providing quality care while continuously growing professionally and improving MyEyeDr. in meaningful ways. If this is you, we encourage you to apply so you can get your journey started with MyEyeDr. where you can help people see, look, and be their very best.
MyEyeDr. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. MyEyeDr. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.