Remote Optometrist (OD) - Saturdays Only - GA and FL
Job Type: Remote Optometrist (OD)
Req # 15750
Date posted: Tuesday, September 12, 2023
About the role
The Remote Optometrist (OD) is responsible for delivering vision care and ocular services to patients through live video exams. Using technology, commonly accepted practices, tools and techniques, the Remote OD evaluates the patient’s eye health and vision. The Remote OD documents findings to patient records and consults with patients regarding the status and future requirements associated with their individualized vision care and ocular needs.
This is a remote role. Schedule follows current office hours for the office providing the remote service.
- Perform comprehensive eye examinations remotely, coupled with new and enjoyable technology experiences.
- Provides outpatient care through video exams, live patient consultation, corrective vision prescriptions delivered to patients at conclusion of exam.
- Take detailed medical histories for all patients, including current and past prescription medications.
- Coordinate care with on-site optometrist, primary care doctor and relevant specialists.
- Educate patients on proper eye and vision care and ocular hygiene.
- Identify acute and chronic eye conditions that require on-site evaluation.
- Identify eye health and safety factors that could impact vision and recommend solutions.
- Work in partnership with office General Manager communicate and facilitate appropriate patient care delivery and patient experience ensuring optimized outcomes.
- Work in collaboration with the Market Clinical Manager to communicate and facilitate the integration of best practices for vision care in the office(s) ensuring continuous improvement in the delivery of optometric services.
- Monitor key patient indicators for the range of services within accountability, identifies trends/issues and implements improvement programs.
- Effectively coordinate vision care services with the appropriate products to optimize customer care quality.
- Maximize productivity and management of appointment scheduling to optimize the delivery and quality of optometric services.
- Have a flexible schedule to provide exam and consultation upon notification.
- Be accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each patient.
- Other duties as assigned by the Market Clinical Manager and Regional Clinical Director of Professional Services.
- 3 years of post-graduate clinical experience.
- 6-12 months previous experience with telemedicine delivery service preferred.
- Doctor of Optometry Degree from an accredited institution required.
- License in good standing in Optometry within the state(s) of the practice location.
- National Provider Identification (NPI) required.
- Active membership and participation in state(s) and local associations preferred.
- TPA License required.
- Multiple state licenses required.
- Relevant therapeutic and diagnostic skills necessary.
- Ability to diagnose and treat eye-related disorders and conditions – both visual and ocular remotely.
- Relevant therapeutic and diagnostic skills necessary.
Grow with Us
- Career Development and Training Opportunities
- Participate in a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental coverage, tax-free savings plans, life insurance and more
- Participate in our Vision coverage and associate discounts on our products
- Participate in our 401(k) with competitive company match
- Accrue PTO and paid holidays from day one
Introduction | MyEyeDr.
How do you see yourself today? Are you looking for that unique opportunity where you can make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve? MyEyeDr. is a high-growth, premier healthcare company: a total vision care concept with a unique retail experience. Our trusted community doctors and knowledgeable teams are all focused on helping our patients live their best lives by delivering an exceptional, personalized experience to each of our patients in every interaction. Our business model is unlike others in the industry: we make healthcare accessible by welcoming all insurance and providing a great selection of stylish eyewear that meets the diverse needs of our patients.
This role provides a chance for you to build your professional career with an organization that is purposeful and whose values drive actions. You would have the opportunity to prioritize the care of our associates and our patients, to connect the knowledge of our talented teams to our patients’ needs, and to work in a fun, inclusive environment as part of a collaborative team. We are in search of that unique individual who is inspired by a career focused on helping others and providing quality care while continuously growing professionally and improving MyEyeDr. in meaningful ways. If this is you, we encourage you to apply so you can get your journey started with MyEyeDr. where you can help people see, look, and be their very best.
MyEyeDr. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. MyEyeDr. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.