About the role
The Market Clinical Manager is responsible for the leadership, management, and development of ODs in assigned geographic area. In particular, the MCM is accountable for outcomes relating to:
- OD Availability
- Clinical Excellence (Efficiency, Diagnosis and Treatment, Record Keeping)
- Patient Exam Experience
- OD Engagement and Retention
The Market Clinical Manager will play a key role on the Field Leadership Team, partnering with Operations leaders to achieve business results and high levels of patient and associate satisfaction. The Market Clinical Manager will perform their duties on a weekly basis while maintaining Optometric care in their primary office location.
Provide Leadership and Direction
- Build relationships with ODs in assigned geographic area; communicate behaviors and actions needed to achieve clinical excellence, meet patient demand, or achieve other business-related initiatives; explain relationships to the broader organization’s mission, vision and values; motivate ODs to commit to new behaviors required to achieve
- Conduct regular office visits using the Office Visit Framework; provide coaching and feedback to ODs; document observations and follow up on agreed-upon action items in a timely manner.
- Organize and facilitate Quarterly OD Meetings in assigned geographic area using agenda and materials provided by Professional Services.
Ensure Doctor Availability
- Set and manage schedule expectations with ODs in assigned geographic area to ensure appointment slot needs provided by Operations are fulfilled; communicate proactively with PSA to identify and address potential gaps in availability.
Maintain Clinical Excellence
- Maintain all standards of Clinical Excellence (Clinical Efficiency, Diagnosis and Treatment, Accurate Record Keeping) in assigned geographic area.
- Use Clinical Excellence Observation Guide during regular office visits; provide recognition or corrective coaching as needed.
Facilitate OD Development and Performance Management
- Ensure all new ODs in assigned geographic area are properly onboarded and trained; leveraging process, tools and reporting provided by Professional Services and HR.
- Through office visit process, identify areas of focus and development for ODs (individually and collectively) and partner with CEC to execute re-training or coaching
- Conduct regular career conversations with each OD; leverage tools provided by Professional Services and HR to support OD career aspirations; ensure OD IDPs are updated and maintained in partnership with HRBP.
- Partner with HRBP and RCD to address OD performance or employee relations issues. Optimize Patient Experience
- Observe quality of OD interactions with patients during regular office visits; provide recognition or corrective coaching as needed.
- In partnership with Patient Relations and Operations, resolve escalated patient concerns as it relates to the delivery of Optometric care within assigned geographic area. This includes “On-Call” issues as it relates to urgent patient care.
Conduct Direct Patient Care
- Maintain direct patient care responsibilities in primary office location each week; scheduled to be defined by RCD and Professional Services.
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D. degree)
- 3 – 5 years clinical experience within a similar organization, including proven strength as a practicing OD in a high-volume, high-performance office location.
- Experience in practice of both medial and retail / optical aspects of
- Leadership within optometric multi-office
Grow With Us
- Career Development and Training Opportunities
- Participate in a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental coverage, tax-free savings plans, life insurance and more
- Participate in our Vision coverage and associate discounts on our products
- Participate in our 401(k) with competitive company match
- Accrue PTO and paid holidays from day one
Introduction | MyEyeDr.
How do you see yourself today? Are you looking for that unique opportunity where you can make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve? MyEyeDr. is a high-growth, premier healthcare company: a total vision care concept with a unique retail experience. Our trusted community doctors and knowledgeable teams are all focused on helping our patients live their best lives by delivering an exceptional, personalized experience to each of our patients in every interaction.
Our business model is unlike others in the industry: we make healthcare accessible by welcoming all insurance and providing a great selection of stylish eyewear that meets the diverse needs of our patients. This role provides a chance for you to build your professional career with an organization that is purposeful and whose values drive actions. You would have the opportunity to prioritize the care of our associates and our patients, to connect the knowledge of our talented teams to our patients’ needs, and to work in a fun, inclusive environment as part of a collaborative team. We are in search of that unique individual who is inspired by a career focused on helping others and providing quality care while continuously growing professionally and improving MyEyeDr. in meaningful ways. If this is you, we encourage you to apply so you can get your journey started with MyEyeDr. where you can help people see, look, and be their very best.
MyEyeDr. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. MyEyeDr. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.