Job Type: Full Time Associate
Req # 12220
Date posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2023
About the role
The Revenue Accountant will be an essential part of the finance and accounting team responsible for daily and monthly close accounting operations, including the accounting, reconciliation, and reporting of revenue accounts in accordance with company policies and US GAAP. Additionally, the Revenue Accountant is responsible for the accounting and reporting of the accounts receivable transaction cycle including the comprehensive bad debt and reserve analyses.
This position will report to the Director, Revenue and Sales Cycle Audit and is a hybrid remote role, offering a flexible work arrangement out of either our Raleigh, NC or Vienna, VA offices
- Be responsible the preparation and timely posting of assigned month-end close entries, with supporting documentation, as related to revenue recognition, deferred revenue, cash collection and reserves for carrier insurance, patient insurance and patient accounts receivable
- Responsible for timely reconciliation of all assigned AR related balance sheet accounts in accordance with month-end close deadlines, including subsidiary ledger support
- Analyze and assist in preparing reports related to the accounts receivable and revenue transaction cycles, score cards, and reserve trends.
- In partnership with Company’s Managed Vision Care (MVC) team, monitor collection and write-off trends for insurance carriers to appropriately estimate reserves on ongoing sales, including monthly evaluation of reserve levels on receivables
- In partnership with cash management team, support reconciliation of daily sales to cash receipts, including bank deposits, lockbox and 3rd party collections and merchant statements
- Assist in preparation of the monthly calculation of insurance reserve % based upon trends in collections and write-offs in partnership with Operations and MVC teams.
- Communicate and collaborate with other company teams, including MVC and Treasury teams. Work with teams to streamline flows related to key areas impacting financial flows and assumptions, including patient set-up, coding, insurance billing, patient transfers, collections, cash application, settlement processing, credit balance resolution, refunds, payment variances and payor credentialing.
- Assist with financial audits.
- Review processes for proper and effective internal controls as related to GAAP and SOX compliance.
- Responsible for invoicing other revenue streams, including subtenant rent, vendor support and other miscellaneous revenue
- Review current processes for automation opportunities to support integration of flows, including alignment with IT on Acuity and Oracle interfaces
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Accounting, Finance or related field from a four-year college or university, Master’s degree plus.
- Two plus years working experience in Accounting.
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP, specifically as it relates to accounts receivable, reserve for uncollectibles/write-offs and cash application
- Experience with Oracle or comparable large ERP software system (e.g., SAP)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and PIVOT Tables, VLOOKUPs, SUMIFs and complex formulas
- Organized and focused to drive results, improve processes, manage escalations, and meet operational deadlines
- Previous experience in Healthcare industry a plus
- Hands-on, energetic team player with proven ability to work independently, as well as with a team, with limited supervision
Growth With Us
- Career Development and Training Opportunities
- Participate in a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental coverage, tax-free savings plans, life insurance and more
- Participate in our Vision coverage and associate discounts on our products
- Participate in our 401(k) with competitive company match
- Accrue PTO and paid holidays from day one
Introduction | MyEyeDr.
How do you see yourself today? Are you looking for that unique opportunity where you can make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve? MyEyeDr. is a high-growth, premier healthcare company: a total vision care concept with a unique retail experience. Our trusted community doctors and knowledgeable teams are all focused on helping our patients live their best lives by delivering an exceptional, personalized experience to each of our patients in every interaction. Our business model is unlike others in the industry: we make healthcare accessible by welcoming all insurance and providing a great selection of stylish eyewear that meets the diverse needs of our patients.
This role provides a chance for you to build your professional career with an organization that is purposeful and whose values drive actions. You would have the opportunity to prioritize the care of our associates and our patients, to connect the knowledge of our talented teams to our patients’ needs, and to work in a fun, inclusive environment as part of a collaborative team. We are in search of that unique individual who is inspired by a career focused on helping others and providing quality care while continuously growing professionally and improving MyEyeDr. in meaningful ways. If this is you, we encourage you to apply so you can get your journey started with MyEyeDr. where you can help people see, look, and be their very best.
MyEyeDr. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. MyEyeDr. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.