Licensed Dispensing Optician
This job posting is no longer active.
Job Type: Part Time Associate
Req # 11565
Date posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2023
About the role
See yourself starting a new career journey? As a MyEyeDr. Licensed Dispensing Optician (LDO) you will analyze prescriptions to make recommendations that provide the highest quality vision care to our patients. Additionally, the LDO fits, measures, and adjusts eyeglasses to exceed the patients’ needs and expectations as well as problem solves any difficulty a patient may experience regarding vision care. The LDO is responsible to provide oversight on all prescriptions throughout the office.
- Provide patients with exceptional customer service by understanding and assisting the patient’s needs
- Guide and assist patients in the eyewear and frame/lens selection process, by using extensive knowledge of product lines and options to educate patient
- Converse with patients to analyze and assess patient’s vision problems and needs
- Provide oversight on all prescriptions throughout the office
- Maximize sales by using the company’s best, better, good sales concept, maximizing key areas such as promotions, product of choice, Anti-Reflective coating, poly, warranties, 2nd pairs and backup eyeglasses, etc.
- Maximize insurance plans for patients and provide patients with comprehensive explanation of their insurance benefits
- Understand the company’s cost of goods and retail fee schedules. Be able to utilize knowledge of cost of goods to eliminate situations where cost-conscious patients might consider taking their Rx to a discount retailer (“walking Rx”)
- Focus on all company Key Patient Indicators
- Educate patient on the adaptation of new Rx’s and care of lenses
- Use pupillometer, PD ruler and other technical aids for proper fit and measurements
- Promise accurate delivery & turnaround times meeting the patients’ needs. Immediately notify patient of any delays of delivery times
- Understand all promotions, coupons and third-party programs available through MyEyeDr.
- Conduct “Care Calls” on a daily basis to patients who received their eyewear one week prior
- Use lensometer to neutralize, verify and make a final inspection of eyewear
- Notify and re-notify patients when eyeglasses are complete for dispensing
- Fit and adjust completed eyewear for each patient
- Ensure product pricing is accurate
- Monitor jobs waiting to be picked up. Inform management of any job held over 30 days
- Clean and merchandise displays on a daily basis, displaying effective merchandise at all times
- Place all returns in their proper bins
- Perform preliminary testing for patients, as needed
- Accurately process patient payment transactions
- Help maintain the attractive appearance of the office
- Attend all office meetings
- Participate in all training opportunities offered by MyEyeDr.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Must be State Board Certified Licensed Dispensing Optician
- AA or BA/BS in related field is desirable
- 2-5 years of related eyewear experience within a similar office environment
- Demonstrated success in a retail, office environment addressing a broad spectrum of customer requirements and preferences
- Strong comfort level with optical and lens related concerns
- Demonstrates the ability to actively oversee, understand and describe multiple prescriptions daily
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive patient rapport and build relationships to establish repeat customer-trends
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with the proven ability to manage priorities in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and ensure that patient commitments/deadlines are met
- Proficiency in utilization of automated equipment and systems standard to the optometry industry
Growth With Us
- Grow and develop your career through role specific training programs
- Participate in our Vision coverage and associate discounts on our products
Introduction | MyEyeDr.
How do you see yourself today? Are you looking for that unique opportunity where you can make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve? MyEyeDr. is a high-growth, premier healthcare company: a total vision care concept with a unique retail experience. Our trusted community doctors and knowledgeable teams are all focused on helping our patients live their best lives by delivering an exceptional, personalized experience to each of our patients in every interaction. Our business model is unlike others in the industry: we make healthcare accessible by welcoming all insurance and providing a great selection of stylish eyewear that meets the diverse needs of our patients.
This role provides a chance for you to build your professional career with an organization that is purposeful and whose values drive actions. You would have the opportunity to prioritize the care of our associates and our patients, to connect the knowledge of our talented teams to our patients’ needs, and to work in a fun, inclusive environment as part of a collaborative team. We are in search of that unique individual who is inspired by a career focused on helping others and providing quality care while continuously growing professionally and improving MyEyeDr. in meaningful ways. If this is you, we encourage you to apply so you can get your journey started with MyEyeDr. where you can help people see, look, and be their very best.
MyEyeDr. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. MyEyeDr. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.